Personal Data Collection
Personal data (“data”) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We collect and store data at a number of points, including when you:
- Contact us regarding our services, either by telephone or email
- Complete an enquiries form on our website
- Enter into an online chat on our website
- Leave a comment on our website
- Subscribe to our mailing list
This data may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your school/company website URL
- Your school/company name
- Your product preferences or service interests
- Your telephone number
- Geographical data about your location
- An archive of conversations via online chat
- Your IP address
If you complete a form on our website we will only process your data in the manner intended in order to complete your request.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We collect this data for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information that you request from us
- To contact you following an enquiry either by post, phone or email
- To provide our customers with ongoing support
- To provide information relating to services undertaken by Jubilee Primary School
- To allow the approval and facilitation of comments on our website.
- To help protect our website against brute force attacks, spammers and other malicious activity
We may also occasionally provide you with information about related services that may be of interest. You may unsubscribe from these communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘unsubscribe’.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device to help our website provide a better user experience. Cookies are stored on your individual device and you have full control over their use.
How to change your cookie settings
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the Options or Preferences menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, or you can use the Help option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
If you are primarily concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off by going to the Your Online Choices site.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website.
Like many websites, we use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor behaviour. We do this to help us improve our site. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. This analytics data is not tied to personally identifiable information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Below is a description of the Google Analytics cookies we may use on this site and what they are used for:
|_utm.gif||Logs details about visitor’s browser and computer||End of session|
|_utma||Used to distinguish users and sessions||2 years|
|_utmb||Used to determine new sessions/visits||30 mins|
|_utmc||Used to determine the duration of a visit||End of session|
|_utmv||Use to determine visitor behaviour during a session||End of session|
|_utmz||Stores the traffic source that explains how the user reached the site||6 months|
|_utmt||Used to throttle request rate.||10 minutes|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users||24 hours|
You can find more detailed information about the Google Analytics Cookies we use at developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
Other Third Party Cookies
We use third party plugins to integrate with other websites or services. For these to work they may set cookies through our site. We do not control these Cookies and you should refer to their websites for their respective privacy policies or for further information on how to opt out of them collecting any data regarding your interaction on our website. Alternatively you may deactivate or restrict the transmission of Cookies by changing the settings of your web browser.
These may include: MailChimp, our social media websites such as Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube;
Third Party Disclosure
We use trusted external companies to provide the following services; technical data analysis (Google Analytics), mailing list creation, storage and facilitation of email (MailChimp). Each of our third-party providers are carefully selected, meet high data protection and security standards. We only share personal data with them that is necessary for the services they provide and they will only process that data in accordance with our instructions. We never sell your data to any third party.
If you leave a comment on our website, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
IP addresses that break our security parameters may be stored for 30 days in order to prevent brute force (repeat) attacks or malicious activity.
Security and Storage of your Data
We take the security and storage of your information very seriously. We have put in place suitable physical, technical and operational procedures in place to ensure the safeguarding and security of your information.
Links to other websites
As an individual you are empowered by certain rights concerning your personal data.
- You have a right to access your personal data that we hold on record. To do so please email us at email@example.com
- You can unsubscribe from any marketing activity by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘unsubscribe’.
- You have the right to stop us from processing your information in any way and for the right to be ‘forgotten’. In which case, we will remove all your personal data from our records. To do so, please email us at email@example.com
In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will ensure that our obligations are complied with under data protection laws.
Updates to our Policy
We may make changes to this policy and publish any such changes to our website.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org