How to Get Involved
The PTA isn’t just a small committee of people, it’s every mum, dad, carer, teacher, and member of staff who helps to fundraise for the school – whether you organise an event, bake cakes for a sale, donate to a uniform swap, or tidy up the hall after an event. It is our PTA.
I’d like to be more involved
Thanks for your interest – we would love to hear from you if you can share your time, energy or skills with our wonderful school.
We would particularly like to hear from families who are sometimes less well represented in organisations like ours, or whose first language is not English. We would like to make sure our events and activities are inclusive and appealing to all the communities of families in our school.
Please say hello at an event, join the Events Whatsapp here, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
What can I do?
We’d like people to play to their strengths. You can be as involved as you like, and you can dip in and out if you need to. Just let us know.
If you have a little bit of time occasionally, could you:
- bake or make food for sale ahead of our events
- help us set up, run or take down stalls at a fair
- volunteer to help with a garden tidy up session or film night
If you have a little bit of time regularly, could you:
- hear children read, or help organise the library during the day
- help look for grant funding for school activities
- be a link person for your child’s class
If you have a bit more time, could you:
- lead on running a stall at one of our events
- help organise an event
- join the committee that keeps the whole charity going?
If you have no time at all, could you:
- donate via our JustGiving page (or, better still, make it a regular donation)
- ask your employer about their corporate social responsibility, payroll giving and match-funding they offer
- share our fundraising links with grandparents and extended family
- shop online using easyfundraising – even a weekly supermarket order ‘earning’ 50p adds up to around £25 a year – if half our families did this we’d raise an extra £3,000+ each year to spend on activities and resources for our kids.
Thank you – every contribution helps.
Whatever you’re interested in doing, especially if you have a new idea to suggest, you will have support and encouragement from the rest of the parents, from the school and from the governors. You won’t be alone.
You can email email@example.com or join the Event Whatsapp here, to find out more.